Sale By Owner Vs. Realtor
Selling a house yourself may save you money on a realtor, but it may not. Make sure you know what you are getting into before making the decision to sell it on your own. Think about what’s involved in selling a house. You need to consider the following:
- Knowing the local market and comparable home values
- Determining the best listing price for your property
- How to best represent your house
- Obtaining and filling out all necessary disclosures
- Creating advertising materials, including professional interior and exterior photographs
- Getting the property listed on websites frequented by home buyers
- Being available for showings and open houses of the property
- Evaluating offers and understanding contingencies
- Negotiation of the selling price
- Making sure a closing happens once an offer is accepted, keeping the buyers on schedule
- Attending and understanding the closing
Using an agent will save you a lot of these headaches. If you have a full-time job already, keep in mind the cost of you taking on selling the house. Make sure that you can afford it in terms of time, energy and attention to detail.
Many people think that real estate agents are not an integral part of the process of selling a home and resent paying them commissions. Most of these people will think differently after selling or trying to sell a home on their own.
- Happy Client Weston